Ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Blood Oranges & Meyer Lemons
- Made just steps away from the apple orchard in Sebastopol, CA
- Aged in oak barrels for two years
- Contains the live vinegar mother (probiotics!)
- Per 1 Tbsp serving: just 15 calories and 3 grams sugar
We’ve been hearing your calls for flavored vinegar (and have actually been looking for years now)! We kept finding tasty but cheaply made options, corn-based vinegar with added sugar and fruit/flavors, that just don’t jive with our commitment to quality ingredients.
We’ve been delighted with Little Apple Treat’s Apple Cider Vinegar (affectionately, "ACV") and recently tried their shrubs at their suggestion that they were wonderful for salad dressings and marinades (as well as mock/cocktails). And we were so impressed!
They're juicy and aromatic, while not nearly as sweet or acidic as other shrubs we've tried. This one has a bright, aromatic citrus zest, lemony with a red fruit note depth from the blood oranges, and a beautiful, balancing tinge of rind bitterness.
Plus, they’re essentially the same thing as the flavored vinegars we’ve been looking at, but made with great ingredients: organically grown apple cider vinegar, real fruit juice, and some sugar.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Make our Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette for Steak Avocado Salad or to drizzle over a quick juicy plated winter salad of sliced blood oranges over a bed of torn escarole and radicchio.
- Make a zesty, fruity sauce or marinade for white fish or chicken with shrub, fresh lime juice and lime zest, and little olive oil of your choice (we love Rosemary, Lisbon Lemon, Blood Orange, Persian Lime, Garlic, Basil and Jalapeño with this one) - the sky's the limit for flavor combos with citrus!
- Try our Triple Citrus Marinade for chicken, pork, seafood or tofu.
- Basic Shrub Mocktail: 1 Tbsp shrub, fresh sliced fruit, 8oz sparkling water, sprig of herb of your choice (mint, rosemary, thyme?!)
- Check our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs well with: Rosemary oil, Lisbon Lemon oil, Blood Orange oil, Persian Lime oil, Garlic oil, Basil oil, Jalapeño oil, Jalapeno Lime spice, Chipotle Honey spice, Napa Valley Spice, Aglio Olio spice, onions, greens, cheese, chicken, fish, pork, strawberries, avocado, Dijon mustard, capers...