Ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Strawberries, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Pink Peppercorns
- 2020 Good Food Award Winner!
- Made just steps away from the apple orchard in Sebastopol, CA
- Aged in oak barrels for two years
- Contains the live vinegar mother (probiotic!)
- Per 1 Tbsp serving: just 15 calories and 3 grams sugar
We’ve been hearing your calls for flavored vinegar (and have actually been looking for years now)! We kept finding tasty but cheaply made options, corn-based vinegar with added sugar and fruit/flavors, that just don’t jive with our commitment to quality ingredients.
We’ve been delighted with Little Apple Treat’s Apple Cider Vinegar (affectionately, "ACV") and recently tried their shrubs at their suggestion that they were wonderful for salad dressings and marinades (as well as mock/cocktails). And we were so impressed!
They're juicy and aromatic, while not nearly as sweet or acidic as other shrubs we've tried. Juicy, jammy, ripe red strawberries are the star here, with a delicate hint of bright pepper on the finish.
Plus, they’re essentially the same thing as the flavored vinegars we’ve been looking at, but made with great ingredients: organically grown apple cider vinegar, real fruit juice, and some sugar.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Bring back the spinach & strawberry salad! We've been doing an updated combo of arugula, berries of your choice, crumbled goat or feta cheese, walnuts and a dressing of evoo, half Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Shrub and either White Balsamic/Apple Cider Vinegar, salt and pepper - great with some minced chives or shallot whisked in too!
- Try our Strawberry Ginger White Balsamic dressing (for salads, drizzling over a side of roasted beets, chicken, steak, etc)
- Make a zesty, fruity sauce or marinade for white fish or chicken with shrub, fresh lime juice and lime zest.
- Basic Shrub Mocktail: 1 Tbsp shrub, fresh sliced fruit, 8oz sparkling water, sprig of herb of your choice (mint, rosemary, thyme?!)
- Check out more Recipes here!
Pairs well with: Rosemary oil, Basil oil, Jalapeño oil, Habanero oil, Blood Orange oil, Lisbon Lemon oil, Persian Lime oil, Herbs de Provence, Jalapeno Lime spice, cheeses, fresh fruit, salad greens, white fish, chicken, toasted nuts and seeds, fresh herbs...