Dark Chocolate & Rosemary Olive Oil Popsicles
Quick, easy, dairy-free, delicious and sophisticated, with no need to even turn on the stove! A wonderful "adult fudgesicle" summer dessert treat, with an herbaceous twist. Or if you're an orange-chocolate lover, try this with our Blood Orange EVOO instead.
Yields about 6 full-sized popsicles, or 8-10 smaller (depends on the size of your molds).
- 1 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk (1 2/3 cups)
- 4-5 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons Rosemary EVOO (try also: Blood Orange, or a light/fruity classic EVOO for more of a classic "fudgesicle" pop)
- Maldon Sea salt flakes, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a blender, starting with 4 Tablespoons agave syrup, and 1 Tablespoon oil, and blend until completely smooth. Add more agave syrup and/or olive oil to taste.
Pour mixture inot popsicle molds, filling to the top, tapping out any bubbles you can. It's also sometimes helpful if you have a lot of little bubbles to use a toothpick or butter knife to stir around the edges of the molds to release bubbles.
Freeze for 1 hour, then insert sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours or more, until solid.
Best made a day ahead. Just before serving, unmold the pops and sprinkle with flaky Maldon salt.
- Sub Blood Orange EVOO for Rosemary (or a mild/fruity classic EVOO)
- No Maldon salt, or prefer a grab and go dessert? Add a pinch of sea salt to the blender instead of finishing with salt (or if you're a salted chocolate lover, do both)!
- Don't have popsicle molds? Use small "dixie" paper cups. To unmold, tear and peel the paper cup away.