Mango/Pineapple Habanero Salsa
A simple, sweet-spicy and aromatic salsa, that you can easily make as hot (or not) as you like! That's just one of the reasons we love using our Habanero oil vs fresh habanero chilis -- you get the amazing fresh peppery flavor without having to guess how hot it's going to be, or having to chop the pesky things!
- 2 cups diced peeled mango and/or pineapple (great if you have just one or mixed!)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro, picked from stems (go more or less to your taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste, start with 1 tsp
- Stonehouse Habanero EVOO to taste (a few tsp usually) or sub fresh minced habanero or jalapeno chilies if that's what you've got or prefer
Combine all ingredients together, adding the salt and Habanero oil last, to your taste. Best served after it sits an hour or two to meld, so it's great to make ahead or in the morning.
- Grill or roast the fruit in large chunks before chopping for the salsa
- Sub Jalapeño oil for Habanero oil