Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
So easy, so delicious! For tacos, chips, other dipping, sandos, topping grilled meats, grilled eggplant, etc.
- 1lb tomatillos, peeled, washed and rough chopped
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, destemmed, rough chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-2 jalapenos (or Jalapeno oil or Jalapeno Lime spice) washed, rough chopped, seeds removed for less heat
- juice of ½ lime (or rice wine vinegar)
- zest of ½ lime, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Stonehouse Persian Lime Oil
- water to taste
You can use any combo of the above ingredients—if you have Stonehouse Persian Lime oil and Jalapeno Lime spice on hand you don’t really need the fresh lime juice and lime zest, but if you have it all and want big flavor, use it all! Adjust acid with more lime juice if desired or bump up flavor with more Jalapeno Lime spice. If you want a little more body once blended, add the rest of the avocado.
Simply add all ingredient to a blender and pulse to combine, then add water a bit at a time to get the right consistency—usually under ¼ cup. Make at least 30 minutes before using but preferably the night before. As usual, time pays dividends to develop the flavors. Store in a mason jar with lid or other glass container. Extra keeps a week or so in the fridge.
- Char the tomatillos before you start, either in a dry cast-iron pan or by broiling them