Spicy Peanut Sauce
Peanut sauce is a simple, wonderful and versatile condiment and dressing, that you can make as spicy (or not) as you like! We especially love to make this directly in a near-empty peanut butter jar so as not to waste any PB.
Use this sauce for:
- Stir fries: saute veggies and protein of choice in Garlic EVOO and then once done, turn off the heat and stir in peanut sauce before serving over rice or noodles.
- Dressing a fresh salad bowl: we love chopped purple cabbage, cucumber, red pepper, carrot, green onion, and cilantro - add diced cooked chicken or tofu for a great lunch/dinner option.
- Dipping sauce for grilled kebabs or veggie crudites.
- Marinading or saucing chicken, pork, beef, tofu or tempeh.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter natural, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (use tamari or coconut aminos for gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chili, Jalapeno or Habanero EVOO (choose your spicy level)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or grated (make this low FODMAP by subbing 1 Tbsp Garlic EVOO for garlic cloves)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 2-4 Tbsp warm water
Add all ingredients to a medium size bowl, adding the warm water last, then whisk to combine. Start with less water and add more to get the desired consistency—thinner is better for a marinade or salad dressing, thicker for a dipping or stir-fry sauce.