Steak Avocado Salad w/ Basil Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette
A great lunch salad for when you have leftover steak, chicken, or roasted veggies - salads are meant to be versatile! This Citrus Basil Dijon dressing is great for salads of all kinds (including the plated Blood Orange & Red Onion salad shown here) and marinades - so feel free to make extra. This recipe is for a single serving salad.
BASIL CITRUS DIJON DRESSING (per person - scale up as needed):
- 3 Tbsp Basil olive oil (or classic)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Blood Orange Meyer Lemon Cider Vinegar Shrub
- 1-2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups arugula or salad greens of your choice
- sliced leftover steak, chicken, and/or roasted veggies
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or in chunks
- sprinkle of walnuts
- sprinkle of Gorgonzola cheese (sub blue, feta, or whatever you like)
- Maldon Sea Salt, for finishing
Toss greens with about half the dressing and plate. Arrange other ingredients over the top and finish with the rest of the dressing. Finish with Maldon Salt to taste and dig in!