An herbaceous, nutty, crunchy topping for hummus, goat cheese, fried eggs, or avocado toast! Classically used as a rub for chicken, lamb or fish, or as a dipping spice with olive oil and fresh bread or pita. Great for topping soups and rice.
Our version is made with whole rather than ground spices, and includes California Chilis - a mild, aromatic chili that adds a beautiful color and flavor without much heat. It's a great alternative to an "Everything Bagel" seasoning for when you don't want a blast of garlic or onions!
Made fresh in small batches and dated to ensure quality.
Ingredients: Toasted Sesame Seeds, Thyme, Sumac, Sea Salt, California Chili.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Sprinkle over a fried egg.
- Top a crunchy piece of toast with avocado, goat cheese, or cream cheese and a shake of Za'atar - plus some microgreens if you like - and chow down for a quick light meal or snack.
- Use as a rub for chicken, lamb or fish, roast or grill as usual.
- Top your next bowl of soup or rice for a crunchy pop, or sprinkle over stuffed grape leaves.
- Traditionally served as a dipping spice with olive oil and fresh bread or pita. Serve as two separate bowls - one for oil, one for spice, dip in oil then Za'atar and enjoy!
- Sprinkle over top hummus with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix into bread dough or savory muffin batter.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas.
Pairs Well With: bread, pita, pasta, avocado, goat cheese, plain yogurt or labneh, egg, lamb, chicken, fish, dark leafy greens, olives, Hot Chili oil, Persian Lime oil
This blend is perfect.... we live far from the California avo toast trend, but do really appreciate avo toast and the middle Eastern breakfast concept. Now we can enjoy a savory healthy breakfast at home. Thank you.
I love this seasoning on my bagel w/ cream cheese or avocado toast. It's a delicious and sophisticated change of pace, but doesn't stray too far from what you'd expect. I loved it so much I bought more for gifts.