An herbaceous, nutty, crunchy topping for hummus, goat cheese, fried eggs, or avocado toast! Classically used as a rub for chicken, lamb or fish, or as a dipping spice with olive oil and fresh bread or pita. Great for topping soups and rice.
Our version is made with whole rather than ground spices, and includes California Chilis - a mild, aromatic chili that adds a beautiful color and flavor without much heat. It's a great alternative to an "Everything Bagel" seasoning for when you don't want a blast of garlic or onions!
Made fresh in small batches and dated to ensure quality.
Ingredients: Toasted Sesame Seeds, Thyme, Sumac, Sea Salt, California Chili.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Sprinkle over a fried egg.
- Top a crunchy piece of toast with avocado, goat cheese, or cream cheese and a shake of Za'atar - plus some microgreens if you like - and chow down for a quick light meal or snack.
- Use as a rub for chicken, lamb or fish, roast or grill as usual.
- Top your next bowl of soup or rice for a crunchy pop, or sprinkle over stuffed grape leaves.
- Traditionally served as a dipping spice with olive oil and fresh bread or pita. Serve as two separate bowls - one for oil, one for spice, dip in oil then Za'atar and enjoy!
- Sprinkle over top hummus with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix into bread dough or savory muffin batter.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas.
Pairs Well With: bread, pita, pasta, avocado, goat cheese, plain yogurt or labneh, egg, lamb, chicken, fish, dark leafy greens, olives, Hot Chili oil, Persian Lime oil