Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are so much healthier than their deep fried siblings, and even more delicious and flavorful because they're made with a good quality fat. A simple yogurt dipping sauce takes them to the next level too.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound) - we've tried orange yams and white sweet potatoes and have loved both
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons House Blend or Olio Santo EVOO
Preheat the oven to 400F. Peel (it’s ok to leave some skin on if you like it) and cut the sweet potato into 1/4-inch-thick sticks or wedges. Toss the sweet potato wedges with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl (or right on your baking sheet if it is rimmed) until evenly coated. Arrange on the baking sheet so the pieces are not crowded or touching - very important so they get crispy rather than just steaming.
Roast for 15-20 minutes, then use a spatula or tongs to flip the individual pieces and then roast for another 5-10 minutes. Fries should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Timing may vary depending on how large or small you cut your fries!
- Roast with Rosemary, Garlic, or Hot Chili EVOO.
- Use Black Truffle Sea Salt instead of kosher salt.
- Toss with Zhug, Harissa, Jalapeno Lime or Chipotle Honey before baking (or right after they come out of the oven) for a spiced version.
- Stir 1 Tbsp of your favorite Stonehouse spice into ½ cup of yogurt to make a healthy spiced dipping sauce (any of the above)!