Stonehouse Roasted Potatoes
Use almost any of our spice blends for this easy potato dish - it makes a great side to a wide variety of mains.
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1/4 cup Stonehouse House Blend or Olio Santo EVOO
- 2-4 tablespoons Stonehouse spice of choice (Napa Valley Blend, Aglio Olio, North Beach Blend, Herbs de Provence, OMG, Zhug, Za'atar or Harissa, depending on the rest of your meal/flavors you want!)
Pre-heat oven to 425F. Place potatoes in an oven-proof roasting pan or baking sheet, drizzle with oil and a bit of salt, then toss by hand to coat.
After twenty minutes rotate the pan for even cooking. When fork tender-- about twenty more minutes-- pull from oven, shower with spice blend, shake to coat or flip with spatula, and return to oven for another 5-7 minutes to heat the spices through.
It is important to add the spices at the end of cooking, otherwise they’ll burn. Serve on a warm platter or in the pan.
- Use Rosemary, Garlic, or Basil EVOO.
- Use very small potatoes for this version: leave whole, par boil for 10-15, until a sharp knife pierces thru easily, let dry, squish until flat but still together, then flash fry on a cast iron pan with a bit of oil in small batches, dust with spice (have a plate of spices handy for easy coating), then keep warm in an oven heated to 200, while you finish. This satisfies a fried-food craving in a relatively healthy way!
Photo credit: Erin Scott