Spice Rubbed Skillet Porkchops
For us, there are no better meats than the ones you make at home, using the the freshest, highest quality cuts you can afford.
- ¼ cup Stonehouse House Blend or Olio Santo EVOO
- 6 Tbsp Napa Valley Blend or OMG
- 4 pork chops (Bone-in chops have the most flavor, but boneless are fine)
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
In a small bowl, combine olive oil and spice blend. Slather the spice blend onto the pork chops and let them rest for 30-40 minutes at room temperature.
When you're ready to start cooking preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
On the stovetop, thoroughly heat a large, well-oiled cast-iron skillet over medium/medium-high heat until the pan is hot, but not smoking, approximately 10 minutes. Brown chops, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to the hot oven to finish, 5-15 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the cut and temperature of the chops when they went in the oven. It’s always best to begin with room temperature. Check with a meat thermometer for an internal temperature of 135-140°. Let pork chops rest for 10 minutes and serve. Serves 4.
- Also works well with pan-fried chicken breasts and hamburgers.
- Our Shaved Fennel Salad is a good match as quick, easy side dish.
Photo credit: Erin Scott