OMG Balsamic Vinaigrette
Our OMG spice blend makes this balsamic dressing with Lemon and Basil oils a breeze to make. We love the briny addition of capers too if you have them on hand!
- 6 Tbsp EVOO: 2 Tbsp each Lisbon Lemon, Basil, and House Blend/Olio Santo EVOO (the ultimate combo, but use what suits you!)
- 2 Tbsp Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp OMG spice blend
- About 1/2 Tbsp capers, rinsed if salt packed, and minced (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
Whisk all ingredients together (or shake together in a jar) and let sit for 5-30 minutes ideally before serving so the OMG spice can open up. Stir, whisk or shake in a jar before serving - great on salads, drizzled over chicken and grilled meats, roasted veggies or rice.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for use within 1-2 weeks. Warm at room temp for 30 minutes before serving if it solidifies.
- Add 1 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs, like basil or tarragon.
- Bump up the mustard bite by adding a spoonful of dijon mustard.
- Bump up the sweetness by adding a little honey or maple syrup.
- Sub White Balsamic for the Dark Balsamic for a brighter, lighter dressing
- Sub Rosemary for Basil EVOO for a more rich and savory take on this dressing, especially good for drizzling over meats, grains and roasted veggies.
- Try it with other Stonehouse spices like Ferry Building Blend, Aglio Olio, Napa Valley Blend, or North Beach Blend.