Garlicky Lime Vinaigrette & Marinade
Wonderful for all kinds of salads, especially with crusted salmon and fresh tortillas, or one dressed up with strawberries, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. It also makes a marinade and sauce (save a little for finishing!) for grilled chicken, shrimp or white fish with rice and veggies.
- 1 medium-sized clove of garlic or 1 Tbsp Garlic EVOO
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, rice wine vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp Persian Lime EVOO
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Twist of black pepper
Mash the garlic clove in a mortar and pestle; or, mash it with the flat of your knife and mince finely. Measure the vinegar or lime juice (lime juice will give the vinaigrette more boldness) into a small jar, and add the garlic to macerate for 3 minutes. Add in the mustard, Persian Lime Oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Place cap on jar and shake vigorously. Makes 1/4 cup.
- Leave out the mustard and add Chipotle Honey or Jalapeno Lime spice blends instead to make the most amazing dressing for salads!
- Spice it up with a little Hot Chili, Jalapeño or Habanero oil
- Make a sweeter, more citrusy version by subbing Meyer Lemon Blood Orange Cider Vinegar Shrub for all or some of the vinegar/lime juice above