Stonehouse Citrus Vinaigrette
This simple vinaigrette works for any salad, all year round. Great will Blood Orange, Lisbon Lemon or Persian Lime olive oil. You can substitute different olive oils and vinegars to get different dressings for different occasions!
- 1/2 cup of any Stonehouse citrus EVOO: Blood Orange, Lisbon Lemon, or Persian Lime
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar (or other light vinegar or fresh lemon/lime juice)
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced fine
- Drizzle of honey (optional, can help balance the acidity of the vinegar)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the vinegar, honey (if using), salt, pepper and shallot and let stand for 5 minutes. This time allows the vinegar to gently “cook” the shallot, thus mellowing the flavor. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until completely blended, and enjoy!
VARIATION: Add 1-2 Tbsp Aglio Olio for a garlicky herby kick to your dressing
Photo credit: Erin Scott