Harissa Carrot Salad with Pistachios
The sweetness of the carrots, tangy lime, ginger, and garlic, combined with the depth of Harrisa and the crunch of chew of pistachios and currants has made this one of my favorite dishes - plus the colors are gorgeous!
In small bowl combine and set aside to mellow:
- 1" piece ginger, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
In large bowl toss to combine:
- 4 medium carrots (about ½ lb) shredded or grated fine
- 1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup shelled, roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
Over top (measuring optional):
- Drizzle 1/3 cup Stonehouse olive oil (½ House Blend, ½ Persian Lime, eyeballing is fine, a little over 2 Tbsp each)
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Harissa Blend
Toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust. Transfer to serving dish, garnish with 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro, and additional pistachios if you like, and enjoy! Serves 4 (about 1 person per carrot).
IF you can let this sit a few hours in the fridge it doubles in deliciousness and is also delicious the next day, but we recommend holding the pistachios until just before serving for best texture.
- Sub cilantro with mint or basil or do a combo.
- Sub Zhug for Harissa.
- Use fresh lime or lemon juice instead of White Balsamic or 50/50.
- Add minced lime or lemon zest.
- Sub Basil Oil or Lemon Oil for Lime Oil.
- This is also a great recipe to incorporate 1/2 tsp of Tumeric, both for its anti-inflammatory properties and its vibrant color.