Spicy Zhug Pesto Potato Pizza
Spice up your pizza game. This combo is spicy, creamy, fresh and totally delicious. If you don't like cilantro, you can make this with basil pesto instead! It's another great way to use our Zhug pesto, but you can use a storebought pesto if you're in a hurry - you'll be jazzing it up with lots of other fun ingredients.
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- 1/3 cup cilantro or basil pesto (Zhug Pesto recipe here!)
- 1 red potato, thinly sliced
- 1.5 Tbsp Basil EVOO
- 8 oz burrata ball
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- 2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Zhug spice for topping (use more if not incorporated into pesto)
- Maldon sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 500F and line a small sheet pan with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until your desired thickness & transfer to sheet pan.
Spread pesto evenly across the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border along the edge. Top with sliced potatoes, drizzle with Basil EVOO & a pinch of salt, especially over the potatoes.
Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes look crispy and the underside of the crust is spotted brown. Remove from oven and transfer pizza to a cutting board.
Dollop with spoonfuls of burrata and allow it to slightly melt (1-2 minutes max). Scatter microgreens, red chili flakes, extra Zhug and Maldon Sea Salt to taste. Slice and serve!
- Want it more spicy? Use Habanero oil in your pesto or for drizzling.
- Want it less spicy? Skip the chili flakes.
- Don't like cilantro? Use basil pesto - it's also delicious with Zhug!
Photo by and recipe adapted from Shruti Thundiyil, winner of our March 2021 Instagram recipe share! Follow us on Instagram @stonehouseoliveoil