We produce our Basil extra virgin olive oil by tossing fresh California basil together with late harvest Mission olives while we are crushing – a 100% natural process that captures and preserves the essence of garden fresh basil in all its complexity. There is no comparison to our citrus and herb oils and oils flavored with concentrates from a lab. As always, our olive oils are first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Harvest Date: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Drizzle over a Caprese, Greek (or any!) salad.
- Use Basil Oil in your next batch of pesto.
Marinate roasted sweet peppers in Basil Oil for a delectably simple antipasti.
- Roast butternut or delicata squash with Basil Oil and sea salt.
- Drizzle Basil Oil over white beans or pasta just before serving.
- Toss chopped canned Marzano tomatoes and with sea salt and our Basil Oil before nestling onto toasts for easy, fast bruschetta.
- Drizzle over any pureed soup - our favorites are roasted red pepper, tomato, butternut squash, and carrot.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Persian Lime EVOO, Lisbon Lemon EVOO, Zhug, OMG, Napa Valley Blend, North Beach Blend, any of our Balsamic Vinegars, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, mashed potatoes, bell peppers, oregano, mozzarella, eggs, shellfish, pesto, salmon, lamb, turkey, pastas, soups & pizzas.
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of 8x 375ml bottles (31% savings) or 4x 750ml bottles (14% savings)!
- 3 and 9 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 10L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
- Check out more info on our FAQ page.
- For the full refill-at-home setup, get it with an empty glass refill bottle ($3) if you don't have a bottle already, and chrome pour spout ($3).
10L photo credit © Erin Scott
I’ve been buying Stonehouse olive oil for many years now, but this is my first time ordering the basil evoo. It’s like a burst of summer on salads and vegetables
and I never want to be without it again.
I’ve been using this for years and love using it in pasta, dips and adding it to make pesto - gives it a wonderful flavor.
These are my absolute favorite EVOO's that go well with just about any/everything I make - from pastas to salads and even use them as dipping oils. And yes, I also use them with the dark balsamic vinegar.
This is my favorite olive oil of all. I try never to run out. It is delicious with dark balsamic vinegar. I have tried other Basil infused olive oils and they all miss the mark not this one, it is spot on.
I love all your oils but this is our new favorite! It makes a delicious salad with the dark balsamic vinegar. A must-have staple item for your pantry, I assure you! Smells and tastes amazing!!