Traditionally used as a condiment with falafel, Zhug is a spicy, delicious and versatile blend for those who like some kick! Our Zhug is excellent slathered on hamburgers, grilled meats, roasted vegetables and potatoes. Try it in hummus, as a soup garnish, or on sandwiches, tacos, and burritos!
Ingredients: Chile Tianjin, Garlic, Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Cardamon, Cloves, and Cilantro
As with all our blends, it’s made fresh every couple of months in small batches and dated to ensure best flavor.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Make a quick pesto with Zhug, basil and/or cilantro, 1 fresh garlic clove (optional), a squeeze of lime, and Stonehouse EVOO - slather on anything: meats, roasted veggies, sandwiches, tacos and rice dishes!
- Use as a spicy dry rub for chicken, pork, beef, or seafood
- Mix into hamburger meat
- Toss with vegetables and roast
- Mix into hummus with some Garlic or Basil EVOO
- Cook with beans for burritos or chilis