Traditionally made into a pesto as a condiment with falafel, Zhug is a spicy, delicious and versatile blend for those who like a spicy hot Middle Eastern-inspired kick!
Our Zhug is excellent slathered on hamburgers, grilled meats, roasted vegetables and potatoes. Try it in hummus, as a soup garnish, or on sandwiches, tacos, and burritos.
As with all our blends, it’s made fresh every couple of months in small batches and dated to ensure best flavor.
Ingredients: Chile Tianjin, Garlic, Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Cardamon, Cloves, and Cilantro
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Make your own Zhug Pesto to slather on anything: meats, roasted veggies, sandwiches, tacos, salted potatoes, grilled eggplant and rice dishes!
- Use as a spicy dry rub for chicken wings, pork, beef, or seafood.
- Mix into hamburger meat, or mix with mayo to make a delicious spread to top your burger.
- Toss with vegetables and roast.
- Season Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries!
- Mix into hummus with Garlic or Basil EVOO.
- Cook with beans for burritos or chilis.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs well with: hummus, beef, pork, chicken, potatoes, rice, cilantro, basil, falafel, beans, sweet potatoes, winter squash, eggplant, peppers, zucchini, mayo, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Hot Chili EVOO, Habanero EVOO
Try with our Spice Measuring Spoons!
From the moment I tried zhug I was hooked. I love this combination of spices. I put it on all kinds of things, from ravioli to scrambled eggs. Just enough heat and lovely aromas.