Stonehouse All-Seasons Bruschetta
Quality ingredients are the key to this simple, satisfying dish, and a good dose of vitamins K and C keeps you healthy! Make this version in the winter, and simply sub in fresh seasonal tomatoes in the summer.
- Fresh Baguette
- 8-10 chopped medium fresh tomatoes, when in season (or 1 small can tomatoes, drained)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3-4 tbsp Napa Valley Blend, Aglio Olio or North Beach Blend
- 2-3 tbsp any classic Stonehouse EVOO or Garlic EVOO
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes for finishing
Preheat oven to 325F. Slice baguette in half length-wise and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, dry, ie without oil. Dry bread crisps best.
Pull from oven. For both halves, rub the cut side with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Next spread half of spice blend, then half the chopped herbs, followed by all of the tomatoes, evenly distributed on both halves. Add another drizzle of olive oil and finish with the rest of the spices and chopped herbs, and a final sprinkle of Maldon sea salt flakes. (Having spices and herbs under the tomatoes ensures they don't all fall off!)
Slice baguettes on an angle into serving size pieces, about 8 per side, and serve. Viola!
- Finish with a drizzle of Dark Balsamic Vinegar - for this recipe the best choices are our La Resdora 3-Year Aged and 6-year Aged Balsamics!
- Out of herbs or they've turned brown on you? Use our Basil or Rosemary EVOO instead.
- Finish with Hot Chili EVOO for a spicy bruschetta!
Photo credit: Erin Scott