Use this Black Truffle Sea Salt just like regular salt, to add decadent, rich, umami flavor to practically anything—instantly! A little goes a long, long way; start small. Made with European Mediterranean sea salt with black truffles from the Abruzzi region of Italy.
As with all our blends, it’s made fresh every couple of months in small batches and dated to ensure best flavor.
Ingredients: sea salt, black truffles, natural truffle flavor
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- In an adult-style mac and cheese.
- Egg dishes: scrambles, omelets, over easy, in poached, & in a quiche.
- Use in white or cream sauces.
- Add a dash to au jus, gravy, soups and sauces to add depth and umami.
- Sprinkled over popcorn--divine!
- Top mashed potatoes.
- Stir into hummus or dips.
- Over practically any vegetable - try broccoli or butternut squash!
- In roasts, soups & stews.
- Mix a sprinkle in with your favorite olive oil—creamy oils like our Estate Blend, Select Blend, and Olio Santo are great—let sit ½ hour, and serve as an appetizer with slices of fresh baguette.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: mushrooms, eggs, pastas, cheese, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, risotto, almost any green vegetable, cream sauce, soups, any classic Stonehouse olive oil, Rosemary oil
Why not Truffle oil? Sourcing authentic truffle oil concentrate to infuse our olive oil became increasingly difficult over the years—much of the truffle concentrate on the market is made in a lab, rather than from real truffles—so we switched to offering Black Truffle Salt, which, in addition to being made with real deal dried black truffles, also keeps much, much longer than truffle oil, and is far easier to use.
Try our NEW Spice Measuring Spoons!
photo credit for bowl © Erin Scott
I've never used this product before. I saw it and added it to my cart just to try it. OMG! The first thing I used it on was popcorn-which was gone on a flash! Tonight I used it on some fries. Really good, too. You don't use a lot, so that bottle will last a long time.
Very satisfied with this product.
I purchased this salt while in SF a while ago. It is the best on popcorn and on fresh veggies.
I purchased this as stocking stuffers for my adult, popcorn loving, kids after they raved about it on popcorn.
( BTW, will alway have some on hand for myself as well...Yum)
The hint of black truffle adds a richness that is hard to describe. You end up using less salt which is a good thing to get a taste that exceeds even sea salt
It’s excellent product. First time tried it about 3 years ago, could not stop..... Getting it over and over again. It’s great for omelette , salad and even steak!
Great taste, perfect balance of salt to truffle.