We heat dried chili peppers until their flavors are unleashed, then douse them with buttery, late harvest olive oil and set it to steep. Our Hot Chili extra virgin olive oil has heat with a depth of nutty, chili flavor and a gorgeous color that is irresistible. On a hot scale of 1-10 we put it at a 3-4 (our Jalapeño oil is a 4-5).
Essential in a stir-fry, great in scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, and an easy garnish for tacos, grilled corn, pizza, or any dish that needs a touch of heat and color.
As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Harvested: Oct 2023 - Jan 2024
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Sear Tuna in Hot Chili oil.
- Top soft cheese for a spicy appetizer.
- Do as the Sicilians do and drizzle it all over your pizza!
- Makes a great vinaigrette for chopped salad or corn and avocado salad with our Chipotle Honey Spice Blend.
- Whisk together minced garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt and Hot Chili Oil for a sweet & spicy marinade for steak or chicken.
- Mix with soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, scallions and Soba noodles for a delicious cold noodle lunch.
- Great on the grill with chicken or red meat.
- Top hummus.
- Marinade chicken with cilantro, lime, garlic and Hot Chili Oil before baking or grilling.
- Combine with soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut butter to make a spicy peanut sauce.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: pizza, beef, pork, chicken, veggies, beans, broccoli, tacos, soups, Pho, eggs, nutritional yeast, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, Garlic oil, Chipotle Honey, Harissa, OMG, North Beach Blend
Rather start small and sample around? Try our Some Like It Hot Samplers!
I use this chili oil on everything -- Fish, chicken, salads, avo toast, burrata, pasta and noodles. I get panicky when it is sold out. I frequently use it in my recipe development and I just used it to teach two cooking classes and made 24 more converts. It is great stuff. Makes everything taste better.
Bought Stonehouse on a whim several years ago to gift to others at Christmas, ended up becoming a loyal customer to all of their oils I use! My favorites are the Hot Chile and the Blood Orange! Just got my first Habanero and I can’t wait to feel the burn! Enjoy yours enjoy often!
I just ordered my third bottle. I love this stuff. I am a food blogger and recipe developer at Something New For Dinner and I am putting this on everything. I love it on grilled vegetables and whole grains like farro. I developed a recipe with black rice, spinach, oven-roasted cauliflower and feta, which was good before, but is exceptional with a drizzle of this chili oil to finish. Buy a big bottle and you won't regret it.
We use this every time we fry eggs, instead of butter. We use it in most of our cooking.... collard greens, turkey hot dogs, and on the bottom of the cast iron pan for veggie frittatas.
This is my new go-to to take almost anything up a notch. I use it on hummus, in soups, to drizzle over burrata salads, on sweet potatoes, on roasted cauliflower and more. It makes everything delicious!