Our North Beach Blend, affectionately known as the "pizza blend", is a classic combo of Italian herbs and spices, with a definite zing from the extra-crunchy mix of chili flakes and oregano. Delicious in dipping oil, tomato sauce, pastas, sprinkled on focaccia, or as a zesty topping on pizza.
Ingredients: Oregano, Basil, Chili Pepper, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme, Black Pepper and Sea Salt.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- For a delicious dipping oil to serve with fresh baguette, mix 1 tbsp NBB with 4 tbsp House Blend, Basil, Garlic or Rosemary oil. Let steep 1 hour, taste, and adjust. Good to make in advance - the longer it steeps the more flavorful it becomes.
- Makes an excellent Bruschetta - check out our recipes for all seasons!
- Excellent in a tomato sauce for pasta. Make simple homemade pasta sauce by sautéing 1/2 onion, a few cloves of garlic, and NBB in olive oil until soft, then add canned tomatoes and simmer, adding salt to taste.
- Sprinkle on garlic bread or grilled veggies.
- Mix with fresh ricotta, basil & parsley, fill large pasta shells, top with marinara sauce and bake.
- Use in a vinaigrette, for a vibrant Italian flavor.
- Top or mix into hummus with any Stonehouse oil.
- Mix into fresh pizza dough.
- Add to meatballs or meatloaf.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Try our NEW Spice Measuring Spoons!
top photo credit © Erin Scott
This Cali-Italian spice blend is the perfect touch for many of my savory recipes - sauces, pickling brine, and salad dressing. If your dish has an Italian theme then this needs to be in the mix. The blend is versatile and accentuates grilled/sauteed vegetables, creating a flavor base that gives a ton of flavor - not heavy sodium. This lets you adjust your flavor/salt profiles accordingly. As stated here on the site, it is a must in pasta sauce, on pizza, and any Italian seafood dish (try it in your next cioppino.) Bonus - Always reminds me of San Francisco. So do yourself a favor and start creating some sense-memories of your own with this blend... Enjoy.
We bought the North Beach blend on a trip to San Francisco in 2017 and have been mail ordering it since. I love it for dipping bread or sprinkling it on a crispy piece of toast with butter. My kids love to put it on pizza. Bursting with flavor. It won’t disappoint