Our North Beach Blend, affectionately known as the "pizza blend", is a classic combo of Italian herbs and spices, with a definite zing from the extra-crunchy mix of chili flakes and oregano. Delicious in dipping oil, tomato sauce, pasta primavera, sprinkled on focaccia, or as a zesty topping on pizza.
Ingredients: Oregano, Basil, Chili Pepper, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme, Black Pepper and Sea Salt.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- For a delicious dipping oil to serve with fresh baguette, mix 1 tbsp NBB with 4 tbsp Stonehouse House Blend, Basil, Garlic or Rosemary Oil. Let steep 1 hour, taste, and adjust. The longer it steeps the more flavorful it becomes
- Excellent in a red sauce for pasta. Make simple homemade pasta sauce by sautéing 1/2 onion, a few cloves of garlic, and NBB in olive oil until soft, then add canned tomatoes and simmer, adding salt to taste
- Sprinkle on garlic bread or grilled veggies
- Mix with fresh ricotta, basil & parsley, fill large pasta shells, top with marinara sauce and bake
- Use in a vinaigrette, for a vibrant Italian flavor
- Top Hummus with NBB & any Stonehouse oil
- Mix into fresh pizza dough
- Add to meatballs or meatloaf
- Makes an excellent Bruschetta
Pairs Well With: pasta, pizza, lasagna, soups, chicken, pork, steak, zucchini, House Blend, Olio Santo, Garlic Oil, Basil Oil, Rosemary Oil
photo credit © Erin Scott