Use this Black Truffle Sea Salt just like regular salt, to add amazing, rich, umami flavor to practically anything—instantly! A little goes a long, long way; start small.
As with all our blends, it’s made fresh every couple of months in small batches and dated to ensure best flavor.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- In an adult-style mac and cheese
- Egg dishes: scrambles, omelets, over easy, in poached, & in a quiche
- Use in cream sauces
- Add a dash to au jus, gravy, and sauces to add depth and umami
- Sprinkled over popcorn--divine!
- Top mashed potatoes, hummus or dips
- Over practically any vegetable
- In roasts, soups & stews
- Mix a sprinkle in with your favorite olive oil—creamy oils like our Estate Blend, Select Blend, and Olio Santo are great—let sit ½ hour, and serve as an appetizer with slices of fresh baguette.
Pairs Well With: mushrooms, eggs, pastas, cheese, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, risotto, almost any green vegetable, cream sauce, soups, any classic Stonehouse olive oil, Rosemary oil...
Why not Truffle oil? Sourcing authentic truffle oil concentrate to infuse our olive oil became increasingly difficult over the years—much of the truffle concentrate on the market is made in a lab, rather than from real truffles—so we switched to offering Black Truffle Salt, which, in addition to being made with just 100% real deal dried black truffles, also keeps much, much longer than truffle oil, and is far easier to use.
photo credit © Erin Scott