Our North Beach Blend, affectionately known as the "pizza blend", is a classic combo of Italian herbs and spices, with a definite zing from the extra-crunchy mix of chili flakes and oregano. Delicious in dipping oil, tomato sauce, pastas, sprinkled on focaccia, or as a zesty topping on pizza.
Ingredients: Oregano, Basil, Chili Pepper, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme, Black Pepper and Sea Salt.
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- For a delicious dipping oil to serve with fresh baguette, mix 1 tbsp NBB with 4 tbsp House Blend, Basil, Garlic or Rosemary oil. Let steep 1 hour, taste, and adjust. Good to make in advance - the longer it steeps the more flavorful it becomes.
- Makes an excellent Bruschetta - check out our recipes for all seasons!
- Excellent in a tomato sauce for pasta. Make simple homemade pasta sauce by sautéing 1/2 onion, a few cloves of garlic, and NBB in olive oil until soft, then add canned tomatoes and simmer, adding salt to taste.
- Sprinkle on garlic bread or grilled veggies.
- Mix with fresh ricotta, basil & parsley, fill large pasta shells, top with marinara sauce and bake.
- Use in a vinaigrette, for a vibrant Italian flavor.
- Top or mix into hummus with any Stonehouse oil.
- Mix into fresh pizza dough.
- Add to meatballs or meatloaf.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: pasta, pizza, lasagna, soups, chicken, pork, steak, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, Rosemary oil, Basil oil, Garlic oil, Hot Chili oil, Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Try our NEW Spice Measuring Spoons!
top photo credit © Erin Scott
I love this combination of Italian spices and red chili flakes. Just the right amount of zing/heat. I gave a jar to a friend and she loved it so much she bought full size.
We love north beach spice blend. We use it a lot for cooking with, spicing up vegetable and meats, Or simply added to oil and balsamic dipping. It's wonderful.
We use it on chicken, fish and have given it as gifts to family members because it’s so good.
This was my first time trying this blend and it is really tasty. I have only used on veggies so far but I look forward to mixing it with butter to make garlic bread. Will continue to purchase.
I bought a jar of North Beach blend while vacationing in San Francisco years ago. Now I can’t live (or at least cook!) without it. I put it on everything- sautéed veggies, salmon, chicken, frittatas. It’s the best!