Our best-selling and go-to "everything" spice blend, this bright mix of sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, fennel, lemon peel, black pepper, chili, garlic, citric acid, and sea salt is super versatile and user friendly.
Whether you’re trying to cut down on meat but miss its savory depth, or make any dish pop with flavor, our Napa Valley Blend imparts delicious umami to dishes, especially tomato sauces, soups, egg and bean dishes. As with all our blends, it’s made fresh every couple of months in small batches and dated to ensure best flavor.
Ingredients: Sun Dried Tomatoes, Rosemary, Lemon Peel, Fennel, Black Pepper, Chili, Garlic, Citric Acid, Sea Salt
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- For an addictive Dipping Oil, mix 1 tbsp NVB with 4 tbsp of olive oil, let sit for an hour and adjust to taste. Serve with fresh baguette.
- Excellent in a red sauce for pasta.
- Use NVB in place of flour to dredge chicken or pork chops in - Pan-fry for a crispy finish, or sauté with a little white wine for a more juicy dish.
- Makes a great quick Bruschetta for a tasty casual snack or appetizer
- Mix into hamburger meat for delicious burgers
- Excellent with eggs: scrambled, fried or in omelets - almost gives the illusion that you added sausage, but no meat!
- Top hummus with NVB and your favorite oil.
- Toss with olive oil and any veggie to roast.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: pork, chicken, beef, white beans, potatoes, tomatoes, sausage, bread, zucchini, eggs, cheese, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, fresh herbs, Rosemary oil, Lisbon Lemon oil, Basil oil, Garlic oil, Hot Chili oil, Dark Balsamic Vinegar, White Balsamic Vinegar
Try our NEW Spice Measuring Spoons!
top photo credit © Erin Scott
I first discovered this at a Stonehouse tasting in the market while on a trip to SF. Since then it has become a favorite for bread in olive oil dipping and we give it as a gift to friends and family who have enjoyed it at our East Coast home.
we order it all the time--our family loves it and so do guests! use it every week with bread and olive oil :)
Love this spice mix! Great on veggies and meats. Try the roasted potatoes recipe!
Delicious way to spice things up!
This Napa Valley blend is awesome. I use it with the House Blend EVOO for bread dipping, over popcorn, eggs and in soups. It's a great rub for roasted chicken and turkey or as an add on to sautéed vegetables. Yum!!!