Our Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by pressing tree-ripened California blood oranges together with late, fully ripe black olives, a process which captures the sweetness of the fruit and delicate oils from the rind. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Creamy and aromatic, this oil pairs well with salmon, arugula, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, mint, sautéed greens, in a fennel salad with or without avocado, duck a la orange, chocolate, lobster or other shellfish. Blood Orange Oil makes a gorgeous vinaigrette, or is beautiful with sweet potatoes and carrots! An incomparable treat.
Harvest Date: Oct 2021 - Jan 2022
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Cook French toast or pancakes in Blood Orange Oil, or add some to the batter!
- Whisk together Blood Orange Oil, sea salt, White Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar, and freshly ground pepper for a tangy salad dressing (staff favorite is mixed greens, roasted beets, walnuts and goat cheese)!
- Drizzle over roasted carrots, sweet potatoes or winter squash and top with freshly cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
- Make Blood Orange Brownies, substituting Blood Orange oil for butter - a delightful combination, especially with dark chocolate.
- For a sweet-and-sugarless breakfast treat, use Blood Orange oil and a pinch of cinnamon on your favorite toast instead of butter and jam.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Dark Balsamic, White Balsamic & Apple Cider Vinegar Chipotle Honey, root vegetables, red onion, carrot, parsnips, endive, pomegranate, goat cheese, duck, chicken, walnuts, hazelnuts, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, baked goods, cardamon, almond flour, chocolate, and caramel.
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of 6 bottles, for the price of 5!
- 3 and 9 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 9L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
- Check out more info on our FAQ page.
- For the full refill-at-home setup, get it with an empty glass refill bottle ($3) if you don't have a bottle already, and chrome pour spout ($3).
*Please note that our Blood Orange oil is not filtered, and is often more hazy than many of our other oils, especially in the beginning of the year. If your oil is cloudy, know that there is nothing wrong with it, it is an all-natural, unprocessed product.
Rather start small and sample around? Try our Citrus Sampler Sets!
9L photo credit © Erin Scott
Have been using this oil for my salad dressing for at least 20 years. Wonderful.
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND USE ON VEGETABLES AND SALAD DRESSINGS. I HAVE BEEN USING FOR SEVERAL YEARS.
Adds nice finishes and flavors to dishes and salads
Makes a particularly wonderful vinaigrette.
This olive oil can be used for anything. I can sprinkle it on lettuce and not even add vinegar if I feel like it. I can bake brownies with it. It’s a great dipping sauce. I could go on and on it just works with anything.