Our Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by pressing tree-ripened California blood oranges together with late, fully ripe black olives, a process which captures the sweetness of the fruit and delicate oils from the rind. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Bursting with fresh flavor, this oil pairs well with salmon, arugula, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, mint, sautéed greens, in a fennel salad with or without avocado, duck a la orange, chocolate, lobster or other shellfish. Blood Orange Oil makes a gorgeous vinaigrette, or is beautiful with sweet potatoes and carrots! An incomparable treat.
100ml Harvest Date: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
250ml, 500ml Harvest Date: Oct 2021 - Jan 2022
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Cook French toast or pancakes in Blood Orange Oil, or add some to the batter!
- Whisk together Blood Orange Oil, sea salt, White Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar, and freshly ground pepper for a tangy salad dressing (staff favorite is mixed greens, roasted beets, walnuts and goat cheese)!
- Drizzle over roasted carrots, sweet potatoes or winter squash and top with freshly cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
- Make Blood Orange Brownies, substituting Blood Orange oil for butter - a delightful combination, especially with dark chocolate.
- For a sweet-and-sugarless breakfast treat, use Blood Orange oil and a pinch of cinnamon on your favorite toast instead of butter and jam.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Dark Balsamic, White Balsamic & Apple Cider Vinegar Chipotle Honey, root vegetables, red onion, carrot, parsnips, endive, pomegranate, goat cheese, duck, chicken, walnuts, hazelnuts, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, baked goods, cardamon, almond flour, chocolate, and caramel.
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of 6 bottles, for the price of 5!
- 3 and 10 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 10L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
- Check out more info on our FAQ page.
- For the full refill-at-home setup, get it with an empty glass refill bottle ($3) if you don't have a bottle already, and chrome pour spout ($3).
*Please note that our Blood Orange oil is not filtered, and is often more hazy than many of our other oils, especially in the beginning of the year. If your oil is cloudy, know that there is nothing wrong with it, it is an all-natural, unprocessed product.
Rather start small and sample around? Try our Citrus Sampler Sets!
10L photo credit © Erin Scott
Makes a particularly wonderful vinaigrette.
This olive oil can be used for anything. I can sprinkle it on lettuce and not even add vinegar if I feel like it. I can bake brownies with it. It’s a great dipping sauce. I could go on and on it just works with anything.
This is my favorite "specialty" olive oil -- the note of blood orange is distinct, yet not overwhelming.
I have found it to be the perfect pairing for a fennel salad -- shaved fennel bulb, plain white wine vinegar, a little salt, and this blood-orange flavored oil.
It elevates this simple salad to a whole new level.
I cannot imagine my kitchen without this gem!
Blood orange EVOOAlways delicious
I have been a fan of the Stonehouse products for almost a decade. I absolutely love the Blood Orange oil for any fresh salad dressings and for any other fresh produce or special dinners where the citrus component will elevate the dish. This olive oil is a Must have for any cook and I recommend it also as a special “hostess’ gift for friends who also value a special ingredient for their pantry.