We produce our Basil extra virgin olive oil by tossing fresh California basil together with late harvest Mission olives while we are crushing – a 100% natural process that captures and preserves the essence of garden fresh basil in all its complexity. There is no comparison to our citrus and herb oils and oils flavored with concentrates from a lab. As always, our olive oils are first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Harvest Date: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Drizzle over a Caprese, Greek (or any!) salad.
- Use Basil Oil in your next batch of pesto.
Marinate roasted sweet peppers in Basil Oil for a delectably simple antipasti.
- Roast butternut or delicata squash with Basil Oil and sea salt.
- Drizzle Basil Oil over white beans or pasta just before serving.
- Toss chopped canned Marzano tomatoes and with sea salt and our Basil Oil before nestling onto toasts for easy, fast bruschetta.
- Drizzle over any pureed soup - our favorites are roasted red pepper, tomato, butternut squash, and carrot.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Persian Lime Oil, Lisbon Lemon Oil, Zhug, OMG, Napa Valley Blend, North Beach Blend, any of our Balsamic Vinegars, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, mashed potatoes, bell peppers, oregano, mozzarella, eggs, shellfish, pesto, salmon, lamb, turkey, pastas, soups & pizzas.
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of six 500ml bottles, for the price of 5!
- 3 and 9 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 10L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
- Check out more info on our FAQ page.
- For the full refill-at-home setup, get it with an empty glass refill bottle ($3) if you don't have a bottle already, and chrome pour spout ($3).
10L photo credit © Erin Scott
I was afraid the basil variety of olive oil would be too weak to add a definite basil taste to anything, but it has a mild yet pleasantly fresh and stable flavor that works well in salads and salad dressings. It neither disappears nor overpowers when added to dishes calling for basil. Of course there are times when more basil is called for, but I love using it where this level is appropriate. The scent is terrific. Highly recommend it!
This is one of favorite oils. Try it while making basil fried rice or with your favorite marinara sauce
I use olive oil for my blood pressure and to increase my HDL. Before I tried Stonehouse, I would just drink a shot of evoo with juice in the morning. Now I enjoy it for the flavor and use it on bread and food. Thanks for such great extra virgin olive oil.
If I dare say, this Basil olive oil is better than fresh basil!! In fact, I rarely use fresh basil in my cooking any more. I have also tried another brand of basil olive oil and was not impressed at all. Stonehouse Basil olive oil has a wonderful scent and flavor.
This and other Stonehouse olive oils are FANTASIC on so many dishes and inspire me constantly.
I buy no other infused oil but Stonehouse. Top quality