To make our delicious and medium-hot Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil, we crush fresh, ripe jalapeño peppers together with late harvest olives, a process that fully captures the flavor and color of the pepper, creating a bright, aromatic oil you can use in any dish that calls for a little extra heat and flavor.
Use it is just like you would a hot sauce, or it's a wonderful ingredient to have on hand for any recipe that calls for chilis.
As olive oil is both a natural preservative – literally preserving the flavor of fresh jalapeños – and a conduit for flavor, our jalapeño oil is a no-brainer for a clean, medium-hot flavor any time of the year. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free.
Harvested: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Try it wherever you normally use hot sauce.
- Drizzle over tacos or pizza!
- Stir into your hummus or guacamole to add a fresh jalapeño note.
- Add to mayo and aioli for a spicy spread.
- Make our Jalapeño & Herb Croutons - fabulous as a snack, or with salads and soups!
- Mix with fresh lemon or lime juice to make a marinade for shrimp, halibut, cod or ceviche.
- Use in place of fresh jalapenos when making your own salsa - try it in our Tomatillo Avocado Salsa or Mango/Pineapple Salsa recipes.
- Jazz up your avocado toast or eggs!
- For a great side that always gets devoured: caramelize chopped zuchini rounds in regular olive oil, add a healthy sprinkle of OMG spice at the end, and finish with Jalapeno oil.
- Add to your next pot of rice with our Ferry Building Blend for a delicious and versatile side.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: lime, lemon, avocado, seafood (especially white fish and shrimp), rice dishes, garlic, poultry, sweet potatoes, vegetables, salsa, mango, pineapple Persian Lime oil, Garlic oil, Chipotle Honey, Jalapeno Lime, OMG
See Habanero oil photo for examples of all sizes. Currently pictured is 250ml.