To make our delicious and medium-hot Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil, we crush fresh, ripe jalapeño peppers together with late harvest olives, a process that fully captures the flavor and color of the pepper, creating a bright, aromatic oil you can use in any dish that calls for a little extra heat and flavor.
Use it is just like you would a hot sauce, or it's a wonderful ingredient to have on hand for any recipe that calls for chilis.
As olive oil is both a natural preservative – literally preserving the flavor of fresh jalapeños – and a conduit for flavor, our jalapeño oil is a no-brainer for a clean, medium-hot flavor any time of the year. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free.
Harvested: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Try it wherever you normally use hot sauce.
- Drizzle over tacos or pizza!
- Stir into your hummus or guacamole to add a fresh jalapeño note.
- Add to mayo and aioli for a spicy spread.
- Make spicy grilled cheese (sub Jalapeno oil for butter in the pan or use a little of both)!
- Make our Jalapeño & Herb Croutons - fabulous as a snack, or with salads and soups!
- Mix with fresh lemon or lime juice to make a marinade for shrimp, halibut, cod or ceviche.
- Use in place of fresh jalapenos when making your own salsa - try it in our Tomatillo Avocado Salsa or Mango/Pineapple Salsa recipes.
- Jazz up your avocado toast or eggs!
- For a great side that always gets devoured: caramelize chopped zuchini rounds in regular olive oil, add a healthy sprinkle of OMG spice at the end, and finish with Jalapeno oil.
- Add to your next pot of rice with our Ferry Building Blend for a delicious and versatile side.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: lime, lemon, avocado, seafood (especially white fish and shrimp), rice dishes, garlic, poultry, sweet potatoes, vegetables, salsa, mango, pineapple Persian Lime oil, Garlic oil, Chipotle Honey, Jalapeno Lime, OMG