Our Dark Balsamic Vinegar is a traditionally made balsamic vinegar imported from Moderna, Italy, made simply from Trebbiano grapes. It is reduced by cooking in large, open vats and then aged in wood barrels, the final blend is pulled from barrels aged for up to 5 years.
This tart-sweet vinegar is beautifully balanced and gorgeous for all kinds of salads, dressings, roasts, sauces, marinades and more! Much more nuanced and flavorful than most dark balsamics you'll find in the grocery store.
QUICK USES & IDEAS:
- Make a classic balsamic vinaigrette: whisk together 3 parts of your favorite Stonehouse olive oil to 1 part Dark Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Jazz it up with a sprinkle of one of our spice blends too - Aglio Olio and OMG are favorites!
- Try our Radicchio Salad w/Manchego - a unique and robust salad!
- Saute greens with minced garlic, adding a splash of balsamic and spoonful of mustard towards the end, cooking a few more minutes to integrate.
- Make Portobello Mushroom Steaks: Drizzle into portobello mushroom caps with olive oil, a little red wine and a sprinkling of our Napa Valley Blend, Aglio Olio or OMG. Roast until soft.
- Try our Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, a fabulous side dish.
- Toss fresh cut strawberries with a very light drizzle of balsamic and freshly ground black pepper for an usual summer treat or dessert.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas.
Pairs well with: All of our olive oils - especially Basil, Rosemary and Blood Orange, tomatoes, cooked greens, Brussels sprouts, lettuces, chicken, basil, parsley, cheeses, mustard, roasted veggies and meats, Napa Valley Blend, Aglio Olio, North Beach Blend
Curious to try it next to our other vinegars?
Check out our Vinegar Samplers!
Love the dark balsamic vinegar so much I could drink it from the bottle...lol
Love it, but why is it out of stock?
Thanks Shannon! We had a supply chain delay in getting bottles (normally doesn't happen, apologies), but it's back in stock now!