This tart-sweet vinegar is beautifully balanced, fruity, and gorgeous for all kinds of salads, dressings, roasts, sauces, marinades and more! Much more nuanced and flavorful than most dark balsamics you'll find in the grocery store, which are often little more than cheap wine vinegar with caramel color and flavorings added, which have a kind of cracker jack or raisin-like flavor. Viva la difference!
Now in our 375ml and 750ml sizes and sealed with a cork. We recommend using our vinegars with a Plastic Pour Spout (don't use metal with vinegar!) for easy, clean, controlled pouring.
QUICK USES & IDEAS:
- Make a classic balsamic vinaigrette: whisk together 3 parts of your favorite Stonehouse olive oil to 1 part Dark Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Jazz it up with a sprinkle of one of our spice blends - Aglio Olio and OMG are favorites!
- Try our Radicchio Salad w/Manchego - a unique and robust salad!
- Saute greens with minced garlic, adding a splash of balsamic and spoonful of mustard towards the end, cooking a few more minutes to integrate.
- Make Portobello Mushroom Steaks
- Try our Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, a fabulous side dish.
- Finish fresh cut strawberries with a very light drizzle of balsamic and freshly ground black pepper for an usual summer treat or dessert.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe Page for more ideas.
Pairs well with: All of our olive oils - especially Basil, Rosemary and Blood Orange, tomatoes, cooked greens, Brussels sprouts, lettuces, chicken, basil, parsley, cheeses, mustard, roasted veggies and meats, Napa Valley Blend, Aglio Olio, North Beach Blend
This is the best dark balsamic I have ever had. It’s great for dipping bread. My favorite is to make a reduction to pour over meat. It also makes the best vinaigrette dressing for salad.
I have been using Stonehouse's balsamic vinegar for more than a year, since I stumbled across it at the Ferry Building. I've given it to friends. I'm a vegetarian, so I eat a lot of salad. Stonehouse's balsamic vinegar is a great dressing (I put it on my salad, then add tzatziki and high quality yogurt, and mix it all up, and heat it in the microwave a bit). I just received seven (7) of the largest bottles of vinegar, some for gifts, but generally to make sure I don't run out.
Always the first choice.
Thick, creamy and bursting with flavor. Just drizzle some on Italian bread, slice of tomato salt, pepper and basil-toast in oven!!
Easy to order online, delivered quickly - Amazon-like; the BEST dark balsamic!!