We produce our Basil extra virgin olive oil by tossing fresh California basil together with late harvest Mission olives while we are crushing – a 100% natural process that captures and preserves the essence of garden fresh basil in all its complexity. There is no comparison to our citrus and herb oils and oils flavored with concentrates from a lab. As always, our olive oils are cold-pressed.
Harvested: January 2020
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of 6 bottles, for the price of 5!
3 and 10 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 10L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Drizzle over a Caprese, Greek (or any!) salad
- Use Basil Oil in your next batch of pesto
- Marinate roasted sweet peppers in Basil Oil for a delectably simple antipasti
- Coat butternut or delicata squash with Basil Oil and sea salt, roast, and enjoy
- Drizzle Basil Oil over white beans or pasta just before serving
- Toss chopped canned Marzano tomatoes and with sea salt and our Basil Oil before nestling onto toasts for easy, fast bruschetta!
- Drizzle over any pureed soup - our favorites are roasted red pepper, tomato, butternut squash, and carrot
Pairs Well With: Persian Lime Oil, Lisbon Lemon Oil, Zhug, OMG, Dark Balsamic Vinegars, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, mashed potatoes, bell peppers, oregano, mozzarella, eggs, shellfish, pesto, salmon, lamb, turkey, pastas, soups & pizzas.
photo credit © Erin Scott