Our Blood Orange extra virgin olive oil is made by pressing tree-ripened blood oranges together with late, fully ripe black olives, a process which captures the sweetness of the fruit and delicate oils from the rind. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed.
Bursting with fresh flavor, this oil pairs well with salmon, arugula, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, mint, sautéed greens, in a fennel salad with or without avocado, duck a la orange, chocolate, lobster or other shellfish. Blood Orange Oil makes a gorgeous vinaigrette, or is beautiful with sweet potatoes and carrots! An incomparable treat.
Harvested: January 2020
Buy in Bulk & Save!
- Our 3 Liter holds the equivalent of 6 bottles, for the price of 5!
- 3 and 10 Liter containers are light and oxygen free - the best solutions for storing olive oil long-term. Save big, stock up on your supply for the year, and never run out of your favorite oil! Just keep your bottle and refill at home--both the 3 and 10L come with an easy-to-refill spout! You save money and keep less glass out of landfills. Sad but true: only 30% of all glass is actually recycled, so re-use!
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Cook French toast or pancakes in Blood Orange Oil
- Whisk together Blood Orange Oil, sea salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, and freshly ground pepper for a tangy salad dressing (staff favorite is mixed greens, roasted beets, walnuts and goat cheese)!
- Drizzle over roasted carrots, sweet potatoes or winter squash and top with freshly cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- Make Blood Orange Brownies, substituting Blood Orange oil for butter - a delightful combination, especially with dark chocolate
- For a sweet-and-sugarless breakfast treat, use Blood Orange oil and a pinch of cinnamon on your favorite toast instead of butter and jam
Pairs Well With: Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Chipotle Honey, Marin Jerk, root vegetables, red onion, carrot, parsnips, endive, pomegranate, goat cheese, duck, chicken, walnuts, hazelnuts, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, baked goods, cardamon, almond flour, chocolate, and caramel.
*Please note that our Blood Orange oil, like all of our oils, is not filtered, and so is sometimes cloudy, especially in the beginning of the year. All oils will eventually settle out and become clear. If your oil is cloudy, know that there is nothing wrong with it, it is an all-natural, unprocessed product. Filtering robs oils of texture and flavor, and we prefer a natural product. Try it, you'll love it!
photo credit © Erin Scott